Successful audit by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil
The Vink Chemicals GmbH & Co. KG has been certified for the sustainable and efficient use of materials based on palm oil (kernel oil) in accordance with RSPO guidelines (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil).
In order to be able to respond better to the needs and wishes of the market, the company has further optimized its internal processes and can now supply its customers with certified biocide products as the basis for sustainable and certified palm (kernel) oil. Due to the steadily growing demand for palm oil and the associated global increase in the production of palm oil, concerns have also been raised about the sustainability of palm oil cultivation and the effects of palm oil production on local populations. In response to these concerns, a group of leading stakeholders and non-governmental organizations established the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) in 2004 to provide a model for responsible palm oil cultivation management. Vink Chemicals’ supply chain has been successfully audited to RSPO certification standards and is fully compliant. In the future, all customers will be able to purchase RSPO-certified biocides for their applications.
Evaluation criteria and requirements of the RSPO
– Compliance with local and international laws and regulations
– Use of good agricultural practices by growers and millers
– Responsibility for the environment and protection of natural resources and biodiversity
– Responsible consideration for employees and the community affected by cultivation and production
– Responsible management of new plantations
– Commitment to continuous improvement