New structure at Nouryon
The company has announced a new organizational model as part of its strategy to accelerate growth and drive performance improvement. The new model, which will take effect January 1, 2020, is organized around three market-focused businesses supported by a centralized operations and functional structure.
The three Businesses and their leaders are as follows:
- Technology Solutions: Johan Landfors has been named President; he was formerly Managing Director Polymer Chemistry
- Industrial Chemicals: Knut Schwalenberg continues as President
- Performance Formulations: the President for this business will be named at a later date
Leading the Operations organization: Lanny Duvall continues as Chief Integrated Supply Chain Officer
“Concentrate on what they do best!
Having centralized operations will drive efficiency and performance improvement based on strong regional hubs to support the company’s manufacturing base, while the businesses can focus on customers and unique value propositions.
“This optimized model will allow our Businesses and support organizations to concentrate on what they do best,” said Charlie Shaver, Nouryon CEO. “Each Business will have a clear mission, driving management focus.”
- Performance Formulations includes business lines based on tailored performance that require a high level of customer intimacy, such as those for personal care and agriculture
- Technology Solutions focuses on leading products that are an integrated part of customer processes, such as catalysts and additives for the polymer and pulp industries
- Industrial Chemicals builds on the company’s strong salt-chlorine value chain
“This model will make us more market-focused and better equipped to meet customers’ needs,” Shaver added. “I look forward to working with the leadership team to deliver on our growth strategy.”